You’ve got a lot on your plate. You need to be prepared and protected against unexpected risks that could harm your restaurant and your customers.
Here are 5 facts that you need to know about a restaurant insurance package:
1. Commercial Liability Insurance (CGL): This type of insurance covers claims made against your restaurant for injuries or accidents that occur on the premises, such as a customer slipping and falling. The usual minimum required in CGL is at least $2 million in coverage.
2. Commercial Property Insurance: It covers damage to your restaurant’s physical property, such as the building, equipment, and furniture.
3. Business Interruption Insurance: This covers lost income due to events that disrupt the operation of your restaurant, such as power outages or natural disasters.
4. Food Contamination Insurance: It deals with recalls or other issues related to contaminated food. It covers, for example, if a refrigerator breaks down or if a customer gets sick after eating at your restaurant.
5. Liquor Liability Insurance: It provides coverage for bodily injury or property damage for which you or your restaurant has been deemed legally liable as a contributor to the person’s intoxication.
Your Western business insurance expert will go over the details of a restaurant insurance package to protect your restaurant.
Western Coast Insurance Services Ltd. is a wholly-owned division of Western Financial Group Ltd. Insurance products are underwritten by certain licensed insurance companies and are only
available throughout British Columbia, Canada.