facebook linkedin

My Broker: 100 Mile House
403-932-3454 | Change Location

Close Broker Window
100 Mile House

| Get Directions

Broker Hours

Checklist for Out-of-Province Vehicle Registration

This checklist outlines the vehicle requirements and the support documents required to register a new or used vehicle imported to B.C. from a Canadian province, the U.S. or a foreign country.

All imported vehicles, along with the required support documents and the out-of-province license plates, must be presented at an Autoplan broker's office at the time of vehicle registration. Here are some important points to keep in mind:

  • Vehicles imported from the U.S. or a foreign country must be accompanied by a certified English translation.
  • Provincial Sales Tax (PST) must be paid at the time of registration unless you qualify for exemption.
  • Once your vehicle has been registered, you must purchase a B.C. license and insurance or a Temporary Operation Permit before operating the vehicle on highway.

Broker instructions: Indicate in the checklist below which documents your customer must provide at the time of registration.